Car theft and hijacking remain a concern for South African. If you have ever been in such a situation, you’ll know that it’s one of the most unsettling and even frightening experiences.
At Aon we are passionate about managing the unexpected and will guide you in managing your risk and ensuring that you have the appropriate cover in place to meet your needs.
Here are a few ways you can reduce your risk:
- Be observant of your surroundings and anything that looks out of place.
- Check that you are not being followed. Many criminals follow their victims home from public places.
- Be alert when approaching home – you are most at risk when entering or leaving your property.
- Stay on the road while waiting for your electronic gate to open.
- Don’t leave your keys in your vehicle while opening a manual gate.
Remember to check that you are adequately insured:
- Basis of the settlement of your policy: The difference between market and retail value can have a significant impact on the amount you will be paid out in the event of a loss.
- Credit shortfall: Credit shortfall cover is important where you have purchased your vehicle under a finance agreement. It covers you for the difference between the current value of your vehicle and what is owed to the bank
- All Risk cover: Valuables you carry outside of your home must be specified under the all-risk section of our policy. Be sure to keep these items out of sight in a locked boot during transportation
- Car hire: Check that you have cover for a hired vehicle so that you remain mobile.
- Tracking device: Fitting a tracking device can not only reduce your premium but also assist in getting your car back quickly and with less damage.
Contact us today on 0860 100 404 or email [email protected] and get an Aon expert broker by your side.