The National Squad selection will be based on the following criteria and considerations:
- Regardless of a player’s ability or position on the GolfRSA Order of Merit, the player’s behaviour and attitude must fit the culture of the National
Squad, which is one of respect, good manners and positive actions.
- Position on the GolfRSA Order of Merit.
- Position on the World Amateur Golf Rankings.
- Outstanding performances locally and internationally, including NCAA Division 1 events.
- Whether the player has National Colours.
- How the player competed when chosen to represent the country.
- Potential to gain National Selection.
- Health and fitness will be taken into account.
- Transformation demographics will be considered.
- Adherence to National Squad advised playing schedule when appropriate.