GolfRSA Statement – 29 December 2020
Dear Unions, Clubs and Golfers,
In accordance with the SA Government Regulations for “Adjusted Alert Level 3” issued in terms of section 27(2) and published in the Government Gazette No 44044 on 29 December 2020, GolfRSA confirms that golf may continue to be played.
Golfers and Clubs must strictly adhere to and enforce all aspects of the existing:
• GolfRSA Risk Mitigation Guidelines (v15),
• GolfRSA Good Golf Practice Guidelines (v20) and
• Golfer Safety Guidelines for Individual/Group Coaching (dated 23 September 2020).
In addition, please refer to the attached GolfRSA Physical Distancing and Wearing of Masks (v6, dated 29 December 2020) and in particular that the wearing of Masks is now mandatory in and around the Clubhouse.
The latest version of the GolfRSA’s Risk Mitigation Guidelines and supporting documents can be found under the Covid-19 tab on the GolfRSA website (www.golfrsa.com).
GolfRSA requests all clubs and golfers to take particular notice of, and adhere to, the following:
1) Business hours are from 06h00 to 20h00 and all operations except maintenance of the course is to be scheduled in accordance with this requirement.
2) Bunker rakes MUST be removed. Clubs may assign an individual from the club/facility to rake bunkers or use the proposed Local Rules as per the GolfRSA Good Golf Practice Guidelines.
3) Flagsticks may not be removed.
4) Strict adherence to guidelines for wearing of Masks.
In addition, golf clubs/facilities are advised:
1) To clearly display the names and contact details of the designated compliance officers.
2) Ensure compliance with the SA Government Regulations on the prohibition on the sale, dispensing and consumption of alcohol.
The safety of our golfers and the golf club/facility staff is the highest priority, so we urge golfers to be extra vigilant when playing golf and to take all precautions as set out in the GolfRSA Risk Mitigation Guidelines.
Note: This communication is in accordance with the SA Government Regulations for “Adjusted Level 3” issued in terms of section 27(2) and published in the Government Gazette No 44044 on 29 December 2020.
GolfRSA Chief Executive Officer