Final day in Wroclaw

Erica’s report from Poland – Final Day.

“Well the final day is well into the event and with two Polish players at the top of the leader board with six holes to go it is very exciting for the locals.

“The course is extremely tough today with the wind pumping and discussion that the course rating will increase. If you check the web site you will see that the scores for the majority have increased.

“So Lwazi and Kim have broken ground by competing overseas. They have coped well and as, for everyone’s first event, it is all about the experience. Lwazi can be proud of how he has played – solid golf scoring and unfortunately just the two doubles let him down on day two and three. He is so laid back and always happy.

“Kim I know is disappointed – but she will get her golf right and get back to form to play at the standard she is used to.

“Joubert has played good golf – today he was not feeling so well – made a few mistakes that cost him shots.

“Armandt has again had a fight with his driver and the putting was not kind. Know he is disappointed with his score today but that is what golf is all about – learning from the experience.

“Roux played solid golf for two rounds and today another solid round and at least found to birdies on the course. He achieved a good result for this event where the standard is really high.

“The Polish people have been unbelievable hosts to the players and visitors – nothing has been too much trouble. We have had a shuttle service from the Hotel to the Course and in the evenings we have had a bus so that everyone travelled to the evening events together.

“So after our first night and the evening in town we have had dinner at the club the last two evenings. On the second night they put a table tennis table in the club house lounge and had the Polish table tennis team give a demonstration and anyone could play with them. They also had some other game tables for the kids and MUSIC blaring so that us oldies had to sit outside.

“Last night we arrived at the club to see a hot air balloon – the kids were all allowed to have a turn to go up in it – it was tethered so it could not rise more than 50 meters but was well received. We then had dinner and again MUSIC….. this time the kids did a bit of dancing. I did a presentation DVD of the SA event held earlier this year and we all took the bus home…. a bit later than we hoped so got back to the hotel at 10.00pm

“Not sure what we will do tomorrow – sleep late for sure and have a late breakfast. We will most probably go to a new Mall – the biggest they have here and then at about 5.00pm leave for the airport.

“It has been an absolute pleasure chaperoning the players. They have behaved perfectly and have been good ambassadors for South Africa/Namibia.”

Final Results

Posted in